Questions and Answers
1) Additional Information?: There is a sales kit of information on projects with the Eco-Gen systems. We have the name of solar hybrid but eco-gen is different than solar. Keep in mind that the Eco-Gen Power Plant is one of the few carbon free, base load, distributive energy commercially available power plants in the world. It connects to the Sub-Station and not normally to the Transmission Grid thereby bypassing one of the problems for electricity users, both commercial and residential, loss of electricity over the Transmission Grid. This is referred to as "Load Shedding" and in some countries that loss is 50%. In the US it's 5%. Any enterprise that starts with a 5% loss of product is handicapped and imagine what a loss of 50% entails, failure of the system before the products even get to the User. Nigeria and other countries in Africa have a 30-50% "load shedding" loss. We expect "load shedding" as a system failure to only get worse as transmission grids age and in some countries are attacked/damaged from insurgents and other groups who wish to do the country harm. So we use the Distributed Energy model.
2) What space is required for the 3 MW system including building specs?:
REPLY: Generally 6000 square feet or 600 square meters.
EcoGen systems can be installed directly to the target End-Users, for example for Malls, Industrial plants, Educational institutions, Medical/Healthcare facilities, Government and Military facilities, Communications facilities, etc. This is the most beneficial use of the EcoGen systems.
3) Exclusivity?: How can a business represent the Green Energy Fund Exclusively in a particular country?
REPLY: We're willing to consider an exclusive agreement but only after the first 1 MW Power Plant is installed. Our exclusive agreement is a franchise agreement.
4) Excess?: Price of excess energy sold back into the purchasers grid system will be negotiated with EcoGen prior to signing.
REPLY: That is fine but it's the countries tariffs that control most of the prices in the country. Clean, carbon free electricity is at a premium across the world, even in the US, Canada and Europe. Germany pays $.40/kWh for such electricity.
6) Sales package to accompany PPA as part of the potential purchaser presentation.
REPLY: We will provide any additional materials required including a REFERENCE LETTER FROM A NOBEL PRIZE WINNING SCIENTIST, A WHITE PAPER ON THE ECO-GEN SYSTEM, AN INTERTEK REPORT, ETC.
7) Any example documentation? Is there a completed for EcoGen installation? Is there documents on PPA with insurance, feasibility, implementation agreement etc? (Excluding confidential information). Would be used to help put together documentation required for funding without having to go back and forth.
REPLY: An Executed bankable PPA is the first requirement. We have provided a copy of our PPA. Since we provide insurance wraps for all of our projects we can provide a Letter of Commitment from Allianz, one of our insurance providers.The only form required to be completed is a Power Production Questionnaire.
8) Current manufacturing capacities and lead times?: We have the manufacturing capability of 500-1000 MW per year. Delivery time is 16 weeks for manufacturing, 4 weeks for testing including an Intertek Report, and then 4-8 weeks for shipping in specially made weather Proof containers. Then we allow 4 weeks to run the high voltage lines to the Sub-Station and successful transmission of electricity to the Sub-Station.
Please be aware of the frequent requirement for Sub-Station upgrade since many Sub-Stations are 20-40 years old. Also many Distribution Systems from the Sub-Station to the customer need further repair & upgrade.
9) Insurance required ?: from the purchasers side for the 3 MW system?
REPLY: Insurance is required by the facilities and services. The Green Energy Fund provides the insurance wrap.
1. IP Protection: We understood the technology, but security measures must be taken towards not being able to reproduce the same technology VS the pricing. As it goes hand in hand.
Reply: The US Export Import Bank has looked at all of the magnetic electricity generating technologies and from their initial Due Diligence found that none of the competitors for magnetic technologies are commercially viable and ready to install. They estimated that we have at least a 1-2 year lead over the competition.
2. Return on Investment (ROI). A working detail of California plant or visit can be planned.
Reply: The input power are the lithium battery bricks. By keeping them 100% charged, the 5000 on/off cycle life is extended to 20 years and so they have a 20 year life.
3. Maintenance and ownership: Life of the system Vs the weather effects?
Reply: We have designed and constructed a completely weather proof and sound proof building to house the Eco-Gen Power Plants. The buildings have a 20 year life guarantee as do the Eco-Gen Power Plants themselves. Due to the confidential information in the intellectual property the machines are in a hybrid lease somewhat like software, but title is not transferred.
4. Costing if the system per MW?:
Reply: After the first 1 MW the cost is $8,000,000 per MW. The first 1 MW includes the construction of the specially designed building, the security fencing and the satellite connection to the building. Eco-Gen costs 3X's what solar costs but produces four times (4 X's + 25%) more electricity and since electricity generation is the purpose for the base load 24/7/365 production of energy.
5. Solar vs base load?: Eco Gen is the concept of base load power. Eco-gen offers a solution that is in a controlled environment in a steel reinforced build under the roof of the warehouse and not at the full exposure to the elements. Large solar solutions are so risky at so many levels, and the power is what is called intermittent power. What needs to be understood here is base load power. Eco Gen is a solution that is in a controlled environment under the roof of a warehouse, and delivers uninterrupted power 24/7 / 365. Solar panels stop providing power the minute the sun goes down.
Large solar solutions are so risky at so many levels because of remote locations, security and intermittent power. When you place intermittent power in an Excel spreadsheet you cannot analyze that against base load hours because one is temporary and not dependable and very risky to maintain exposed to the elements over a 20 year business model. Our manufacturing warranty is for 20 years of base load power and maintenance is included in the PPA.
For example you cannot run a hospital or an airport on solar panel electricity because it simply doesn't work at night and half of the activity happens during the night. Which gets into the second half of the Excel analysis formula where you must consider batteries, and maintenance of those batteries to store electricity for night time use. This is an expensive enterprise that most solar panel sales models do not take into consideration.
Transmission losses is also not considered in your equation and the advantage we bring is we build our warehouse as close to a substation as possible, not out in the country with a massive solar panel project spanning 50 hectares to achieve 50 MW. We can fit 50 MW of power in a 1 hectare warehouse in any city right next to the grid and suffer no transmission losses. The final expense that is rarely considered is the cost and difficult negotiations of huge parcels of land where purchase is never feasible and leasing is another level of risk and expense that your excel does not have.
In summary, you have to compare apples to apples.
Replacing Solar infrastructure projects?: By establishing strategic alliance relationships with local partners in each country, we work facilitating Power Purchase Agreements (PPA's), using verified, new, cutting edge, renewable energy technologies. Our specialty is converting and funding approved, unfinished solar panel project with renewable green energy solutions at a similar price, but a much better quality base load energy solution. Solar offers intermittent power 6 hours a day and fits 1 MW in just over 1 hectare of land. The Green Energy Fund can fit 50 MW of base load clean/green 24/7 power in a steel reinforced prefabricated warehouse on 1 hectare of land. Base load means it never shuts down.
Brown outs?: Thanks to the redundancy factor of our distributed energy model and the remote maintenance real time data analysis, brownouts are not a problem. The multiple machines (redundancy) ensures a 24/7/365 delivery of the energy load contracted. Remote maintenance allows manufacturer warranty insurance that any issues will be prevented before a problem arises.
Green Energy Fund
global Green Energy utility / US Export import Bank support / Power Purchase agreements